Ways to Save on Energy Bills
Reducing electricity bills and saving as much as possible is a common concern for most residents in India. Especially in cities like Delhi, surviving the heat during summers is close to impossible without an air conditioner. Similarly, during winters, heaters, and geysers are consumed constantly. In more humid temperatures like Chennai, refrigerators are needed to prevent food articles like milk, and bread from getting spoiled.
One way or the other there are electronic appliances such as refrigerators, geysers, heaters, air conditioners, dishwashers, and washing machines that happen to consume the most power whether you go solar or not.
One of the common misconceptions is that solar will bring down your electricity bills to zero. Solar definitely does cut down your electricity bills considerably, however, it also requires you to use your appliances smartly.
Most consumers want to know how electricity can be consumed in a smart way post going solar. Below are some quick tips that will help you achieve that. These tips require minimal effort but will help make a significant difference in your final electricity bill amount.
- Switch to low-consuming LED lights. They are the most energy-efficient.
- Smartly using light requires minimal effort but will make a considerable difference in your electricity bill.
- Consider turning off unwanted lights when a room isn’t in use.
- Use task lighting – lights that are appropriate for the task it is being used for like a reading lamp would be a better option rather than a tube light for the entire room
- An article in Times of India says, “Dust your tube lights and lamps regularly. Dirty tube lights and bulbs reflect less light and can absorb 50 per cent of the light, Fluorescent tube lights and CFLs are five times more efficient than ordinary bulbs and thus save about 70% electricity.”
- Setting air conditioners at 25°C will significantly reduce your electricity bills.
- Another smart decor tip is shading your home’s windows and walls, which will again reduce the AC’s energy consumption by 40%.
- In terms of refrigerator use – one of the most common mistakes made is overloading the fridge with multiple items, preventing continuous airflow around the refrigerator.
- Allow enough space for airflow.
- Electronic gadgets consume more energy, especially when they are left turned on charging. Turning them to sleep mode, will help cut energy costs by 40%.
In addition to all of this, regular cleaning and maintenance of all your appliances will help them function more efficiently bringing down your overall energy costs. To begin your journey with solar, reach out to us? Let’s Talk.